Over the years, The Peoples Bank has supported several noteworthy organizations demonstrating our commitment to assist worthy causes, improve the communities we serve, and help those in need.
In 2017, The Institute of Extraordinary Banking awarded The Peoples Bank with a Money Smarts Banky Category Excellence Award for Financial Literacy Education. The award recognized the bank’s ongoing efforts to educate individuals in our community, including young people, through partnerships with area schools and Prairie Independent Living Resource Center.
The Peoples Bank staff serves on the boards and committees of several non-profit and community based organizations in North and South Central Kansas including:
North Central Kansas
- Gardner Wellness Center
- Great Plains Health Alliance, Inc.
- Luray City Library Board
- Osborne Memorial Hospital Board
- Smith Center, Inc.
- Smith County Housing Authority
- Smith County Memorial Hospital – QALICB Board
- U.S. Center Foundation
- USD 237 Smith Center Schools Board of Education
South Central Kansas
- Bucklin Hospital District
- Cunningham PRIDE
- Family Crisis Center – Pratt Supervisory Board
- Hope Center
- Kansas Water Authority – Red Hills, Barber County Regional Advisory Committee
- Kingman County Council on Aging
- Kiowa County Economic Development Cooperation
- Kiowa County Housing Authority, Inc.
- Pratt Community College Foundation
- Pratt Community College President’s Council
- Pratt Health Foundation
- South Central Community Foundation Grants Committee
- The Peoples Heartland Foundation
- USD 438 Skyline Schools Board of Education